By Jon Duckett
This full-color e-book will allow you to make your web pages extra interactive and your interfaces extra attention-grabbing and intuitive.
THIS booklet COVERS:
- Basic programming concepts - assuming no earlier knowledge of programming past a capability to create an internet web page utilizing HTML & CSS
- How to recreate suggestions you've got noticeable on different internet sites akin to sliders, content material filters, shape validation, updating content material utilizing Ajax, and masses extra (these examples exhibit writing your individual scripts from scratch and the way the speculation you may have realized is placed into practice).
As with our first e-book (the best-selling HTML & CSS: layout and construct Websites), every one chapter:
- Breaks matters down into bite-sized chunks with a brand new subject on each one page
- Contains transparent descriptions of syntax, each established with inspiring code samples
- Uses diagrams and images to provide an explanation for complicated options in a visible way
in case you are seeking to create extra enriching internet reports, then this can be the ebook for you.
- Master the most recent innovations for construction real-time, large information purposes, integrating fb, Twitter, and different community services
- Tame asynchronous programming, the development loop, and parallel information processing
- Use the specific and course frameworks to hurry up improvement and bring scalable, larger caliber software program extra quickly
Mastering Node.js will take the reader deep into this fascinating improvement atmosphere. starting with a complete breakdown of its leading edge non-blocking evented layout, Node’s constitution is defined intimately, laying out how its blazingly quick I/O functionality simplifies the construction of speedy servers, scalable architectures, and responsive internet applications.
Mastering Node.js takes you thru a concise but thorough travel of Node's cutting edge evented non-blocking layout, displaying you the way to construct expert functions with the aid of distinct examples.
Learn the best way to combine your purposes with fb and Twitter, Amazon and Google, developing social apps and courses achieving hundreds of thousands of collaborators at the cloud. See how the specific and course frameworks make the production internet functions painless. arrange one, , or a whole server cluster with quite a few traces of code, able to scale once you’re able to release. circulate information seamlessly among databases and dossier platforms, among consumers, and throughout community protocols, utilizing a superbly designed, constant, and predictable set of tools.
Mastering Node.js comprises all the examples and factors you’ll have to construct functions in a brief period of time and at a most economical, operating on a scale and pace that might were approximately very unlikely quite a few years ago.
What you'll research from this book
- Use occasions to create non-blocking structures with excessive throughput
- Create safe servers throughout all significant community protocols
- Manage hundreds of thousands of concurrent consumers with out slowing down
- Handle information, documents, and protocol streams with ease
- Leverage Node’s module process to layout sane functions which are effortless to extend
- Learn scaling suggestions and parallelize operations throughout a number of cores
Packed with functional examples and factors, gaining knowledge of Node.js comprises every thing you must take your purposes to the following level.
Who this publication is written for
By Addy Osmani
Start with the fundamentals of MVC, SPA, and determination, then get your fingers soiled development pattern applications—a basic Todo checklist app, a RESTful booklet library app, and a modular app with spine and RequireJS. writer Addy Osmani, an engineer for Google’s Chrome staff, additionally demonstrates complex makes use of of the framework.
- Learn how Backbone.js brings MVC advantages to the client-side
- Write code that may be simply learn, based, and extended
- Work with the Backbone.Marionette and Thorax extension frameworks
- Solve universal difficulties you’ll come across whilst utilizing Backbone.js
- Organize your code into modules with AMD and RequireJS
- Paginate info to your Collections with the Backbone.Paginator plugin
- Bootstrap a brand new Backbone.js software with boilerplate code
- Use spine with jQuery cellular and get to the bottom of routing difficulties among the two
- Unit-test your spine apps with Jasmine, QUnit, and SinonJS
By Zachary Kessin
- Store consultation info within the browser with neighborhood garage objects
- Save journeys to the server: shop higher quantities of knowledge with IndexedDB
- Give browsers restricted entry to a user’s procedure to learn and add files
- Take your app offline—and accelerate web page loading while it’s online
- Use net staff to create multithreaded applications
- Transfer facts among browser and server extra successfully with net Sockets
- Learn approximately HTML5 tags for varieties, multimedia, photographs, and geolocation
"HTML5 is all of the rage nowadays, yet it really is greater than only a buzzword. Programming HTML5 Applications offers the data to lead you thru the entire new applied sciences had to make glossy internet applications."
--Ralph Whitbeck, cohost of The legit jQuery Podcast
By Jonathan Stark
You’ll tips on how to create an Android-friendly net app at the platform of your selection, after which use Adobe’s unfastened PhoneGap framework to transform it to a local Android app. realize why device-agnostic cellular apps are the wave of the long run, and begin development apps that provide higher flexibility and a wider reach.
- Convert an internet site right into a net program, entire with development symptoms and different features
- Add animation with JQTouch to make your net app appear and feel like a local Android app
- Make use of client-side information garage with apps that run while the Android gadget is offline
- Use PhoneGap to hook into complicated Android beneficial properties, together with the accelerometer, geolocation, and alerts
- Test and debug your app on the internet with actual clients, and put up the completed product to the Android Market
By Brad Green, Shyam Seshadri
Guided through engineers who labored on AngularJS at Google, you’ll stroll during the framework’s key beneficial properties, after which construct a operating AngularJS app—from structure to checking out, compiling, and debugging. You’ll find out how AngularJS is helping decrease the complexity of your internet app.
* Dive deep into Angular’s construction blocks and learn the way they interact
* achieve greatest flexibility through setting apart common sense, facts, and presentation obligations with MVC
* gather your complete app within the browser, utilizing client-side templates
* Use AngularJS directives to increase HTML with declarative syntax
* converse with the server and enforce uncomplicated caching with the $http provider
* Use dependency injection to enhance refactoring, testability, and a number of atmosphere layout
* Get code samples for universal difficulties you face in such a lot internet apps
By Ross Harmes
Each bankruptcy is full of real–world examples of ways the layout styles are most sensible used and professional recommendation on writing larger code, in addition to what to observe out for. alongside the way in which you’ll realize how one can create your individual libraries and APIs for much more effective coding.
- Work via numerous real–world examples
What you’ll learn
- How to make your code more uncomplicated to control in a group surroundings, in addition to by yourself
- How to create your individual libraries and APIs
Who this ebook is for
Table of Contents
- Encapsulation and data Hiding
- The Singleton development
- The manufacturing facility development
- The Bridge trend
- The Composite development
- The Facade trend
- The Adapter development
- The Decorator trend
- The Flyweight development
- The Proxy trend
- The Observer trend
- The Command development
- The Chain of accountability trend
By Christian Johansen
• figuring out automatic trying out and TDD
• development powerful automatic checking out workflows
• checking out code for either browsers and servers (using Node.js)
• utilizing TDD to construct cleanser APIs, larger modularized code, and extra powerful software
• Writing testable code
• utilizing try out stubs and mocks to check devices in isolation
• always enhancing code via refactoring
• strolling throughout the development and automatic checking out of absolutely practical software
The accompanying site, tddjs.com, includes all the book’s code listings and extra resources.