By Gene Sally
Today, Linux is incorporated with approximately each embedded platform. Embedded builders can take a extra sleek path and spend extra time tuning Linux and making the most of open resource code to construct extra strong, feature-rich purposes. whereas Gene Sally doesn't overlook porting Linux to new undefined, smooth embedded is extra subtle than ever: such a lot platforms contain the features came across on machine platforms. This publication is written from the point of view of a person using applied sciences and methods as a rule reserved for laptop systems.
- Modern consultant for constructing embedded Linux structures
- Shows you the way to paintings with present Linux embedded approach, whereas nonetheless instructing how one can port Linux
- Explains top practices from an individual who has performed it earlier than
By Benjamin Mako Hill, Corey Burger, Matthew Helmke
Ubuntu is a whole, unfastened working method that emphasizes group, help, and straightforwardness of use with no compromising pace, energy, or flexibility. It’s Linux for humans, designed for everybody from computing device beginners to specialists. Ubuntu 10.04 is the most recent release—more robust, extra versatile, and friendlier than ever. The legitimate Ubuntu booklet, 5th Edition, gets you up and working fast. <p style="margin: 0px;">
<p style="margin: 0px;">Written via specialist, major Ubuntu group contributors, this ebook covers all you want to understand to utilize Ubuntu 10.04, no matter if you’re a house person, small company person, server administrator, or programmer. The authors clarify Ubuntu 10.04 from begin to end: deploy, configuration, computing device productiveness, video games, administration, help, and masses extra. one of many themes lined during this version: Kubuntu, Ubuntu Netbook variation, and Ubuntu Server.
<p style="margin: 0px;">
<p style="margin: 0px;">This whole consultant additionally covers typical computer functions, from notice processing, spreadsheets, Web looking, electronic mail, immediate messaging, tune, video, and video games to software program improvement, databases, and server functions. additionally, you will
<p style="margin: 0px;">
* easy methods to customise Ubuntu for domestic, small company, tuition, executive, and company environments
* tips on how to fast replace Ubuntu to iteration types and upgraded purposes
* locate up to the moment troubleshooting suggestion from Ubuntu clients around the world from boards and different capacity to get the assistance you wish quickly
* study Ubuntu Server install and management, together with LVM and RAID implementation
* methods to set up Ubuntu on a netbook
<p style="margin: 0px;">
<p style="margin: 0px;"> The DVD contains the total Ubuntu Linux working procedure for deploy on computing device systems. The disk is preconfigured with a very good computing device atmosphere for either domestic and company computing. it may be used to put in different whole versions of Ubuntu, together with Kubuntu (with the KDE environment), Ubuntu Netbook version, and Ubuntu Server.
By Keir Thomas, Andy Channelle, Sander van Vugt
Ubuntu Linux is the quickest becoming Linux-based working process, and Beginning Ubuntu Linux, 5th Edition teaches all of us—including those that have by no means used Linux—how to exploit it productively, even if you return from home windows or the Mac or the realm of open source.
Beginning Ubuntu Linux, 5th Edition exhibits you ways to exploit Lucid Lynx. in keeping with the best-selling past version, Emilio Raggi continues a very good stability among educating Ubuntu and introducing new positive factors. even if you objective to exploit it in the house or within the workplace, you can be brought to the area of Ubuntu Linux, from uncomplicated note processing to utilizing cloud providers. you will how to regulate the Ubuntu procedure, that you simply put in from the book's DVD, as you're guided via universal initiatives resembling configuring the system's graphical person interface (GUI), hearing audio CDs and MP3s, generating files, utilizing VoIP and chat, and naturally, normal process upkeep.
This e-book additionally provides a chain of entire tutorials on Ubuntu management and security—essential for any Ubuntu user—while no longer neglecting issues touching on place of work functions and the cloud.
What you’ll learn
- Use Ubuntu as a regular computing device in your computer or computer
- Complete workplace initiatives, resembling developing Microsoft Office–compatible records and spreadsheets, utilizing e–mail, and dealing with contacts
- Listen to MP3s, deal with photos and CDs, and watch video clips utilizing a user–friendly Linux computer
- Configure Ubuntu’s printer– and file–sharing positive factors to percentage assets seamlessly with different desktops in your community
- Administer and safe your Ubuntu desktop
Who this ebook is for
every person who makes use of Ubuntu day-by-day, even if within the place of work or within the home.
Table of Contents
- Meet Ubuntu Linux
- GNU "slash" Linux
- Pre-installation Steps
- Installing Ubuntu
- Solving set up difficulties
- Booting Ubuntu for the 1st Time
- Getting every thing Up and working
- How to safe Your desktop
- Personalizing Ubuntu: Getting every little thing greatest
- Managing Your info
- A global of functions
- Working with textual content documents
- Making the flow to OpenOffice.org
- Communicating with Others
- Social Networks and Cloud Computing
- Digital Audio
- Movies and Multimedia
- Digital pictures
- Playing video games
- Installing and removal software program
- Understanding Linux clients and dossier Permissions
- Optimizing Your process
- Backing Up info
- Scheduling projects
- Accessing pcs Remotely
- Taking regulate of the procedure
- Introducing the BASH Shell
- Glossary of Linux phrases
- Getting additional support
- Exploring the DVD-ROM and different Ubuntu types
Your one-stop consultant to Linux--fully revised and expanded
Get in-depth insurance of all Linux beneficial properties, instruments, and utilities from this completely up to date and complete source, designed for all Linux distributions. Written by way of Linux specialist Richard Petersen, this e-book explains the best way to get up-and-running on Linux, use the pcs and shells, deal with purposes, install servers, enforce safety features, and deal with approach and community management initiatives.
With complete assurance of the most recent platform, Linux: the full Reference, 6th Edition contains info at the very diverse and renowned Debian (Ubuntu) and purple Hat/Fedora software program install and repair administration instruments utilized by so much distributions. it is a must-have consultant for all Linux clients.
- Install, configure, and administer any Linux distribution
Work with documents and folders from the BASH, TCSH, and Z shells
Use the GNOME and KDE pcs, X home windows, and reveal managers
- Set up place of work, database, net, and multimedia applications
Secure facts utilizing SELinux, netfilter, SSH, and Kerberos
Encrypt community transmissions with GPG, LUKS, and IPsec
Deploy FTP, net, mail, proxy, print, information, and database servers
- Administer process assets utilizing HAL, udev, and virtualization (KVM and Xen)
Configure and retain IPv6, DHCPv6, NIS, networking, and distant access
Access distant records and units utilizing NFSv4, GFS, PVFS, NIS, and SAMBA
By Christopher Hallinan
Up-to-the-Minute, entire tips for constructing Embedded options with Linux
Linux has emerged as today’s number one working procedure for embedded items. Christopher Hallinan’s Embedded Linux Primer has confirmed itself because the definitive real-world consultant to construction effective, high-value, embedded platforms with Linux. Now, Hallinan has completely up-to-date this hugely praised publication for the most recent Linux kernels, services, instruments, and aid, together with complex multicore processors.
Drawing on greater than a decade of embedded Linux event, Hallinan is helping you speedily climb the educational curve, no matter if you’re relocating from legacy environments or you’re new to embedded programming. Hallinan addresses today’s most vital improvement demanding situations and demonstrates the right way to remedy the issues you’re probably to come across.
You’ll tips on how to construct a latest, effective embedded Linux improvement surroundings, after which put it to use as productively as attainable. Hallinan deals updated assistance on every thing from kernel configuration and initialization to bootloaders, machine drivers to dossier structures, and BusyBox utilities to real-time configuration and process research. This variation provides fullyyt new chapters on UDEV, USB, and open resource construct platforms.
- Tour the common embedded procedure and improvement setting and comprehend its suggestions and components.
- Understand the Linux kernel and userspace initialization processes.
- Preview bootloaders, with particular emphasis on U-Boot.
- Configure the reminiscence know-how units (MTD) subsystem to interface with flash (and different) reminiscence devices.
- Make the main of BusyBox and most up-to-date open resource improvement tools.
- Learn from accelerated and up-to-date assurance of kernel debugging.
- Build and study real-time structures with Linux.
- Learn to configure equipment records and motive force loading with UDEV.
- Walk via distinct insurance of the USB subsystem.
- Introduces the newest open resource embedded Linux construct systems.
- Reference appendices contain U-Boot and BusyBox commands.
- Learn tips to set up and use Cassandra from the floor up
- Design wealthy schemas that trap the relationships among varied facts kinds utilizing compound basic keys
- Master the complex good points to be had in Cassandra 2.0 via a step by step instructional that builds a real-world application's database layer.
Cassandra is a disbursed database that stands proud for its powerful function set and intuitive interface, whereas nonetheless offering the excessive availability and scalability of a allotted store.
Starting from fitting Cassandra and developing your first keyspace, to getting to know the several desk constructions Cassandra bargains and exploring the most recent and strongest gains of the Cassandra question Language, CQL3, this e-book explores every one subject in the course of the lens of a real-world instance software. With lots of examples, information, and transparent motives, you will grasp compound basic keys, assortment columns, light-weight transactions, and lots of different complicated elements of Cassandra.
By the top of the e-book, you may be absolutely outfitted to construct strong, scalable Cassandra database layers to your applications.
What you are going to learn
- Install Cassandra and create your first keyspace
- Choose the correct desk constitution for the duty handy in quite a few scenarios
- Use diversity slice queries for effective info access
- Effortlessly deal with concurrent updates with assortment columns
- Ensure info integrity with light-weight transactions and logged batches
- Understand eventual consistency and use the perfect consistency point on your situation
- Implement top practices for facts modeling and access
About the Author
Mat Brown is a qualified software program engineer in Brooklyn, long island. In his profession, he has fascinated with development consumer-facing internet and cellular functions for numerous businesses; he presently works at Genius.
Table of Contents
- Getting up and working with Cassandra
- The First Table
- Organizing comparable Data
- Beyond Key-value Lookup
- Establishing Relationships
- Denormalizing facts for max Performance
- Expanding Your information Model
- Collections, Tuples, and User-defined Types
- Aggregating Time-series Data
- How Cassandra Distributes Data
Download E-books Crafting Digital Media: Audacity, Blender, Drupal, GIMP, Scribus, and other Open Source Tools (Expert's Voice in Open Source) PDF
By Daniel James
Open resource software program, often referred to as unfastened software program, now deals an inventive platform with world-class courses. simply ask the folk who've accomplished fine quality initiatives or built renowned net 2.0 websites utilizing open resource machine functions. This phenomenon is not any longer underground or constrained to techies―there were greater than sixty one million downloads of the Audacity audio editor and greater than 60 million downloads of the GIMP for home windows photographic instrument from SourceForge.net alone.
Crafting electronic Media is your beginning direction in photographic manipulation, representation, animation, 3D modelling, publishing, recording audio and making tune, DJ’ing, blending and learning audio CDs, video modifying and websites supply. each strategy defined within the e-book could be accomplished on GNU/Linux, yet the various functions coated run on home windows and Mac OS X besides. New to GNU/Linux and a bit daunted? Don’t worry―there’s a step by step educational on Ubuntu for both transitority use or everlasting installation.
If you're a artistic kind who desires to start with open resource software program or an latest GNU/Linux consumer seeking to discover this type of courses, this can be the publication for you! become aware of your individual own tasks and artistic goals with the instruments this publication will position at your fingertips.
By Brian Hatch, George Kurtz
Tighten holes and continue safety in your Linux approach! From one of many authors of the overseas best-seller, Hacking uncovered: community defense secrets and techniques & suggestions, comes vital protection instruction manual for someone operating Linux. This state-of-the-art volu